Why West Allis?

Go To Search

HVAC Permits
Residential HVAC Permits

A homeowner who resides at the premises or an HVAC contractor certified with the State of Wisconsin and representing the owner may take out a residential HVAC permit, but any electrical or plumbing work associated with the installation would require an additional permit from a qualified, licensed contractor.  When a permit is issued, there will be one or more required inspections.

If you would like to apply for a permit for a replacement furnace, boiler, and/or air conditioning unit, please follow the link and fill out the Replacement Residential HVAC Application.

If you would like to apply for a 
for a new furnace, boiler, air conditioning unit, alterations to an HVAC distribution system, a fireplace, pellet stove, or other unit, please use the Residential HVAC Permit link to find the application in our document library.

Commercial HVAC Permits

West Allis follows the State of Wisconsin's Uniform Commercial Building Code, which adopts and modifies the 2009 version of the International Building Code, International Mechanical Code, International Energy Conservation Code, International Fuel Gas Code, and the International Existing Building Code.  Please see the State of Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services website for more information and to find the Wisconsin code modifications.

If you would like to apply for a
Commercial HVAC Permit please use this link to find the application in our document library.

Stay ConnectedFacebookTwitterYouTube