FOOD TRUCK FRIDAYS BEGIN JUNE 11
Celebrate summer with Food Truck Fridays at the West Allis Farmers Market, 6501 W. National Ave. from 5 - 8 p.m.! The first Food Truck Friday will be held this Friday, June 11. Visit the City’s website later this week for the list of food trucks for this week’s event.
73RD STREET CLOSED SATURDAY, JUNE 12 FROM 8 A.M. - 7 P.M.
North and south 73rd Street will be closed this Saturday, June 12 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. for West Allis Downtown’s Summer Crafternoons (noon - 5 p.m.). Greenfield Avenue, alleys, and municipal lots will still be open. Learn more about this event: https://www.westallisdowntown.com/summer-crafternoons
DINE & DASH JUNE 12
Join Eat West Allis for another great Dine & Dash, presented by Eat West Allis & West Allis Cheese & Sausage Shoppe! All proceeds from Dine & Dash benefit West Allis food pantries.
- Date: Saturday, June 12th
- Time: Normal Store Hours of operation
- Cost: $75 per team
- Teams: 3-5 people
- Total Teams: No more than 50 teams can participate
- Sign Up: Teams must sign up at West Allis Cheese & Sausage Shoppe, 6832 W Becher St. West Allis, WI
- Each team has all day to complete the event.
- Each team must go to all participating establishments and complete the eating challenge (1 portion per team; 1 person may eat the item or the team may split it).
- After each challenge is completed, the team must post a team pic on Eat West Allis’ Facebook page.
- Teams can choose their own route; however, they must strategize and plan route based on each establishment’s store hours. Dine & Dash begins and ends when each establishment opens* and closes based on their normal business hours.
HOW TO WIN:
- After completing all the eating challenges and posting each completed challenge to the Eat West Allis Facebook page, the team captain must text 262-617-3276 to record your finish time.
- PRIZE WILL ONLY GO TO THE FIRST PLACE TEAM ($10 gift card for each member).It’s all about having a great time with family and friends, visiting local establishments, enjoying the food, and raising money for charity!
*Tall Guy and a Grill will be open from 11:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. all other establishments will have their normal Saturday hours of operation.
- Calling all green thumbs: the West Allis Department of Public Works Forestry Division is seeking volunteers to assist with weeding, mulching, and litter clean-up at City parks and outdoor spaces. If you love working outside and want to give back to your community, we want to hear from you: https://www.westalliswi.gov/volunteer.
- Join the East Allis Neighborhood Association on Saturday, June 12 from noon – 1 p.m. to clean up the pollinator garden at 63rd and Burnham. Volunteers can also assist in decorating the garden for Independence Day and enjoy a prize raffle. Gloves and bags provided. Connect with EANA on Facebook @EANAwestallis.
- Adopt a planter in Burnham Pointe! 16 new planters are being installed at 60th and Burnham. Volunteers are needed to care for the planters through the spring/summer/fall seasons. Sign up at www.westalliswi.gov/burnham.
INDEPENDENCE DAY PARADE & GRANDSTAND SHOW AND FESTIVAL FOODS FIREWORKS
Save the dates! Join the City of West Allis, West Allis Events Committee, and the West Allis-West Milwaukee Recreation and Community Services Department for this year’s Independence Day celebrations on July 2 and July 4! Start your holiday weekend off right by bringing the whole family to the festive parade in downtown West Allis on Friday evening and end your weekend with a boom on Sunday evening! Enjoy the amazing sounds of Our House band followed by an incredible fireworks show hosted by Festival Foods.
Independence Day Parade | Friday, July 2 | 7 p.m.
- Parade route starts at 77th and Greenfield, continues east on Greenfield towards 70th St., and then south onto 70th St.
- Please note the post-parade celebration will not be held this year.
- Participants are still needed for this year's parade! Registration closes June 28. West Allis businesses are particularly encouraged to contribute a float or decorated unit this year - don't miss this great opportunity to promote your business to thousands of customers, free of charge. Learn more.
Independence Day Grandstand Show & Festival Foods Fireworks | Sunday, July 4 | 8:30 p.m. (Grandstand Show) 9:30 p.m. (Festival Foods Fireworks)
- 7:30 p.m. - Grandstands open for entry. Parking at State Fair costs $6 per vehicle
- 8:25 p.m. - Flag presentation by Scout Troops 595 and 580. Followed by the National Anthem
- 8:30 p.m. - Music by 60s/70s/80s band, Our House. https://ourhouseband.com/
- 9:30 p.m. - Festival Foods Fireworks Show
Thank you to our sponsor, Festival Foods, for their generosity in making our fireworks display possible.
EMERGENCY BROADBAND BENEFIT PROGRAM
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has created a temporary Emergency Broadband Benefit (EBB) program that offers financial assistance to households that have been struggling to pay for internet services.
West Allis residents can learn more here: https://www.attsavings.com/resources/internet/emergency-broadband-benefit-program/