SMOKE ALARM INSTALLS & COVID VACCINATION EVENT JUNE 5
On Saturday, June 5 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m., West Allis Fire Department will be in targeted areas of West Allis providing free smoke alarm installations for properties in need and free COVID-19 vaccines to all who are eligible to receive them (the Johnson & Johnson vaccine will be administered).
Staff will be in the following areas between 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.:
Union Pacific Railroad tracks north to Greenfield Ave, 76th to 84th Streets
Union Pacific Railroad tracks south to Lincoln Ave, 76th to 84th Streets
Cleveland south to Oklahoma Ave, 92nd to I-894
Staff will be in uniform and in marked Fire Department vehicles for easy recognition.
GET YOUR COVID-19 VACCINE THIS FRIDAY AT WESTALLION BREWING
West Allis Health Department has teamed up with West Allis Fire Department and Westallion Brewing Co. to provide FREE COVID-19 vaccine shots on Friday, June 4 from 4 - 6 p.m. at Westallion. Anyone 21+ getting a vaccine during this time will receive a voucher for a free brew!
LINCOLN AVENUE CONSTRUCTION BEGINS
Construction begins this week at three key Lincoln Ave. intersections: S. 71st St., S. 76th St., and S. 84th St.
Improvements at these intersections will include adding left-turn lanes to improve sight distance for left-turning vehicles; improving signal visibility to reduce the risk for rear end crashes; new pavement to provide a smooth surface and improve drainage; and high-visibility pavement markings to increase safety for pedestrians.
Temporary traffic signals will be in place throughout this project, which is expected to be completed in November. Traffic back-ups on Lincoln are expected, and alternate routes are encouraged during this time.
Thanks for your patience as we work to make these busy intersections safer for drivers and pedestrians.
MORGAN AVE. DROP OFF SITE OPEN FOR THE SEASON
The Morgan Avenue Self-Help Drop-Off Site opened June 1, 2021. More information and fee schedule at www.westalliswi.gov/dump.
- 7:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m. Monday
- 7:30 a.m.–7 p.m. Tuesday–Friday
- 8 a.m.–3:30 p.m. Saturday
- 7:30 a.m.–2:30 p.m. Monday–Friday
- Calling all green thumbs: the West Allis Department of Public Works Forestry Division is seeking volunteers to assist with weeding, mulching, and litter clean-up at City parks and outdoor spaces. If you love working outside and want to give back to your community, we want to hear from you: https://www.westalliswi.gov/volunteer.
- Join the East Allis Neighborhood Association on Saturday, June 12 from noon – 1 p.m. to clean up the pollinator garden at 63rd and Burnham. Volunteers can also assist in decorating the garden for Independence Day and enjoy a prize raffle. Gloves and bags provided. Connect with EANA on Facebook @EANAwestallis.
- Adopt a planter in Burnham Pointe! 16 new planters are being installed at 60th and Burnham. Volunteers are needed to care for the planters through the spring/summer/fall seasons. Sign up at www.westalliswi.gov/burnham.