Open enrollment for the City of West Allis Section 8 Rent Assistance Program will open at 8 a.m. on Wednesday, April 28, 2021 and will close at 8 a.m. on Friday, April 30, 2021. Open enrollment is a random selection process. Here is everything you need to know:
- Application available for 48 hours only
- List Opens On: Wednesday, April 28, 2021 8:00AM
- List Closes On: Friday, April 30, 2021 8:00AM
- Applications will be available at: www.waitlistcheck.com/wi380-3388
- Applications can be filled out at any point online during the 48-hour open enrollment period.
- NO applications will be accepted after 8 a.m. on Friday, April 30, 2021.
- For those needing assistance with the online application, computer stations will be set up at:
- West Allis City Hall, 7525 W. Greenfield Ave., Rm 128, 11:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- April 28 and April 29 only
- Any Reasonable Accommodation Requests must be submitted in writing to and received by the Housing Office at City Hall at 7525 W. Greenfield Ave., West Allis, WI 53214, no later than April 14, 2021.
- To complete the application, you will need to know the following information for all members of the household who will be living with you while receiving rent assistance:
- Social Security Numbers and Birth Dates
- Income Information
- Banking and Investment Information
- Criminal History Information
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older. One application per household. Multiple application entries will be disqualified.
- Income limits:
|Household Size||Income Limit|
- Selection is random and is not first-come, first-served. All completed applications will be placed into a random drawing. The waiting list will consist of 800 applications drawn at random. Once the enrollment period has ended, you will be able to check the status of your application at www.waitlistcheck.com on May 4, 2021.
- For more information, please call the 24-Hour Information Line at (414) 302-8425.
The City of West Allis does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of sex, race, color, sexual orientation, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, family status, lawful source of income, age, ancestry or any other legally protected status in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its services, programs or activities.
Americans with Disabilities Act Notice
Upon reasonable notice the City will furnish appropriate auxiliary aids and services when necessary to afford individuals with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in and to enjoy the benefits of a service, program or activity provided by the City.
Limited English Proficiency (LEP)
It is the policy of the City of West Allis to provide language access services to populations of persons with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) who are eligible to be served or likely to be directly affected by our programs. Such services will be focused on providing meaningful access to our programs, services and/or benefits.