The West Allis Health Department will be hosting an infant massage class on Tuesday, Sept. 17 and Wednesday, Sept. 18 from 10 - 11 a.m., located at the West Allis Health Department, 7120 W. National Ave. Participants must attend both days of the class.
There are several benefits to infant massage:
- Begins a loving communication between parents and child.
- Helps to strengthen and regulate the baby's primary body systems.
- Reduces gas and allows the baby to sleep better.
- Helps the baby and parents to relax.
- Increases parents confidence and handling skills.
- Provides a way to develop quality interaction time between baby and parents.
Cost of the class is $10 for West Allis - West Milwaukee residents, and $20 for non-residents. Fees will be collected at the first class.
Classes will be held sitting on the floor, so make sure to bring a blanket or mat for your baby to lie on and dress your baby in comfortable and easy to remove clothes.
One baby (0-6 months) per each registered adult is allowed.
There is a limited class size so please register early!
You can register online by clicking here or by calling the Health Department at 414-302-8600.