We Energies soon will be upgrading natural gas facilities along Highway 100 I South 108th Street between West Oklahoma Avenue and West Theodore Trecker Way. This utility work is necessary to maintain natural gas service for customers along the route and to ensure natural gas system reliability in West Allis and Greenfield. They are scheduled to begin work in August and expect to complete it by the end of 2019.
Please be aware that other utility companies, such as communications or sewer may be working in this area before, during or after this work takes place.
Here's what you can expect:
Communication from We Energies for Impacted Customers
We Energies will update you throughout the construction process to ensure you are aware of service impacts. During the final planning stages, all customers within the project boundaries will receive a series of letters. These letters will:
- Provide a general project description and include a We Energies contact name and number to call with questions.
- Inform you of how your property may be affected by this work.
- Prepare you for any necessary natural gas service interruption. If your service will be interrupted, a company representative will contact you in person to coordinate service interruption details.
- Describe your responsibility to locate and mark private utilities on your property.
You should expect to receive these letters one to two weeks before construction work begins.
These construction activities will require traffic control measures, which are being coordinated with municipal officials and the Wisconsin Department of Transportation (WisDOT). We Energies will enact these measures both for your safety and the safety of their crews.
During the full duration of our project, a northbound lane and a southbound lane on Highway 100/South 108th Street will be closed.
In addition, a series of short-term partial eastbound and westbound lane closures will occur at intersections throughout the area, including but not limited to:
- West Greenfield Avenue and Highway 100/South108th Street
- West Lincoln Avenue and Highway 100/South 108th Street
- West National Avenue and Highway 100/South 108th Street
- West Cleveland Avenue and Highway 100/South108th Street
- West Oklahoma Avenue and Highway 100/South 108th Street
All lane closures will be approved by WisDOT and entered into the Wisconsin Lane Closure System. Traffic detours will be posted for motorists to follow as necessary. Please use caution while driving in these areas.
If you have questions about this project, please call We Energies' general projects help line: 877-380-0522.