West Allis Public Library provides access to a variety of databases. These databases include:
- Ancestry (In Library Use Only) - A source for family history.
- Gale Virtual Reference Library - collection eBooks includes books on the environment, history, literature, medicine, multicultural studies, religion, science, social science and technology.
- Hobbies & Crafts Reference Center - provides comprehensive full text content for many of the most popular hobbies, crafts and recreation activities today.
- Home Improvement Reference Center - designed to assist homeowners in do-it-yourself home repair.
- Legal Information Reference Center - offers the everyday user the necessary tools and detailed "how-to" instructions covering a wide-range of legal issues.
- Newsbank - Providing full text Milwaukee Journal, Greenfield-West Allis NOW and America's Obituaries and Death Notices.
- (New!) Reference USA - the number 1 source of information businesses and people for small business owners marketing professionals, researchers and job seekers.
- Small Business Reference Center - offers a variety of information on small business and entrepreneurial subject areas.
- Small Engine Repair Reference Center - this is the definitive online tool for small engine repair assistance.
- Salem Health - Magill's Medical Guide covers diseases, disorders, treatments, procedures, specialties, anatomy, biology and other medical issues.
- Salem History - Milestone Documents in American History combines full text primary source documents with expert analysis and commentary.
- Salem Literature - Magill's Literary Annual
- WilsonWeb Biography - Wilson's largest biography database!
To access these databases and to view more useful research tools visit CountyCat.
To access databases from a computer outside the West Allis Library, enter your 14-digit library card number when prompted.