Home Buyer Loan Program
Persons meeting household income guidelines may be eligible for assistance, of up to $5,000.00, with down payment and closing costs when purchasing a single-family home or a duplex in West Allis.
- Home Buyer Loan Program Application (PDF)
Applications must be submitted at least 3 weeks prior to the scheduled closing date
Qualified Applicants Must...
- Be purchasing a property located in West Allis
- Have an annual household income that does not exceed income limits
- Have a credit score of 600 or higher
- Be pre-qualified for a mortgage
- Have an accepted offer on the property
- Complete a HUD-Certified Homebuyer Counseling Course
- Agree to use the property as principal residence for 5 years
The City of West Allis does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of sex, race, color, sexual orientation, disability, religion, national origin, marital status, family status, lawful source of income, age, ancestry or any other legally protected status in the admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its services, programs or activities.
Americans with Disabilities Act Notice: Upon reasonable notice the City will furnish appropriate auxiliary aids and services when necessary to afford individuals with disabilities an equal opportunity to participate in and to enjoy the benefits of a service, program or activity provided by the City.
Limited English Proficiency (LEP): It is the policy of the City of West Allis to provide language access services to populations of persons with Limited English Proficiency (LEP) who are eligible to be served or likely to be directly affected by our programs. Such services will be focused on providing meaningful access to our programs, services and/or benefits.