Water Utility Billing
The West Allis Municipal Water Utility reads meters and bills customers four times a year by district.
- District 1: properties north of Greenfield Avenue and between Greenfield Avenue and Lincoln Avenue from S 93rd Street to the western city limits.
- District 2: properties between Greenfield Avenue and Lincoln Avenue from the eastern city limits to S 92nd Street
- District 3: properties south of Lincoln Avenue
Water bills include four separate groups of charges: charges for water and related infrastructures, charges for sanitary sewer system maintenance and sewerage treatment, charges for storm sewer system maintenance and cleanup, and a solid waste fee.
|District||Billing Quarter Ends||Bills Mailed||Bills Due|
|2||November 30, 2019||December 31, 2019||January 21, 2020|
|3||December 31, 2019||January 30, 2020||February 20, 2020|
|1||January 31, 2020||February 28,2020||March 20, 2020|
|2||February 29, 2020||March 27, 2020||April 20, 2020|
|3||March 31, 2020||April 30, 2020||May 20, 2020|
|1||April 30, 2020||May 29, 2020||June 22, 2020|
|2||May 31, 2020||June 29, 2020||July 20, 2020|
|3||June 30, 2020||July 30, 2020||August 20, 2020|
|1||July 31, 2020||August 28, 2020||September 21, 2020|
|2||August 31, 2020||September 29,2020||October 20, 2020|
|3||September 30, 2020||October 29.2020||November 20, 2020|
|1||October 31, 2020||November 30, 2020||December 21, 2020|
|2||November 30, 2020||December 31, 2020||January 20, 2021|
There are several options for making payments for utility bills.
- Online: Go to Pay Utility Bill to use a credit card or checking account to pay utility bill.
- Auto Pay: Payments are drawn directly from a checking account on due date. Create an account online to register for auto pay.
- By Phone: Credit cards are accepted by calling or online. A convenience fee of $3.50 is added for each transaction up to $400. Multiple transactions can be made using this payment method.
- Mail: Include bill payment stub or statement with payment, send payments to:
City of West Allis
P.O. Box 14248
West Allis, WI 53214-0248
- In Person: Payments are accepted at Tri City National Bank (TCNB) locations in the City of West Allis or at City Hall.
- TCNB - 6767 W Greenfield Avenue
- TCNB - 6760 W National Avenue (Inside Pick N Save)
- TCNB - 10909 W Greenfield Avenue
- TCNB - 2625 S 108th Street (Inside Pick N Save)
- City Hall Treasurer's Office - 7525 W Greenfield Avenue
- Drop Box: Drop payments in the locked drop box near the main door on the south side entrance to City Hall.
The Treasurer's Office collects payment for water and sewer bills. Water and sewer payments received are processed each business day with the account electronically updated for visible confirmation at 8 a.m. the following business day.
Moving Out or Selling? Get a Final Statement
If you are moving out or selling your property, you may request a final billing statement for the utility account. The water utility does not obtain final meter readings for utility bills. The property owner, tenant, or agent should provide the final meter readings if a final billing statement is required.
If the property has an "old meter", it has an active Read O Matic (ROM) device mounted on the outside wall of the property that is wired to the meter in the basement. Properties with ROM devices will require two readings for a final statement to be prepared. A list of the properties with "old meters" can be found in the document center or click link: Old Meter List (PDF). Properties with Radio Read devices or "new meters" may have a deactivated ROM device mounted on the home. The majority of West Allis properties have Radio Read devices installed on the meter. If the property is not listed on the Old Meter List (PDF), then it has a "new meter".
Properties with Radio Read devices should be pro-rated for closing. Contact the Water Utility Billing office at 414-302-8245 Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for the billing information if a current bill is not available.
Obtaining a final reading statement is the most accurate way to pay your final utility bill. It protects all parties involved from erroneous estimations. Utility bills are created quarterly and sent out the month after the billing period ends. For instructions on obtaining meter readings, read How to Read a Meter (PDF). Request a final billing statement online at Final Bill.
We do not disclose customer billing and account information to third parties without express consent from the owner or landlord. As outlined in Act 25, any information that identified a customer by usage or account status (i.e. past due status) is not a public record and can only be released with the customer's permission or to the parties specifically identified within section 196.137(2)(a)-(d). This does still allow information to be provided to the owner of a rental property whose tenant has a delinquent account.
To authorize the West Allis Municipal Water Utility to release account information to a third party (such as a property management company), please complete the consent form.