- City Services
- Public Works
- Water Utility
- Utility Billing
There are several options for making payments for utility bills.
- Online: Go to Pay Utility Bill to use a credit card or checking account (eCheck/ACH) to pay utility bill. A convenience fee of $2.99 will be added to credit card transactions. There is no fee for eCheck payments.
- Auto Pay: Payments are drawn directly from a checking account on due date. Create an account online to setup automatic payments.
- Mail: Include bill payment stub or statement with payment, send payments to:
City of West Allis
P.O. Box 14248
West Allis, WI 53214-0248
- In Person: Payments are accepted at Tri City National Bank (TCNB) locations in West Allis or at City Hall.
- TCNB - 6767 W Greenfield Avenue
- TCNB - 6760 W National Avenue (Inside Pick N Save)
- TCNB - 10909 W Greenfield Avenue
- TCNB - 2625 S 108th Street (Inside Pick N Save)
- City of West Allis Customer Service Center at 7525 W Greenfield Avenue Monday-Friday 11:30am-4:30pm
- Drop Box: Drop payments in the locked drop box near the main door on the south side entrance to City Hall.
The Treasurer’s Office collects payment for water and sewer bills. Water and sewer payments received are processed each business day with the account electronically updated for visible confirmation at 8 a.m. the following business day.
BILL PAYMENT ASSISTANCE
New water and sewer programs are available through Wisconsin Home Energy Plus. Visit one of the below vendors to see if you qualify for assistance:
- Wisconsin Low Income Water Assistance Program or call 833-426-9472
- Energy Services Inc. or call 414-800-4240
- Wisconsin Help for Homeowners or call 855-2HOMEWI
The West Allis Municipal Water Utility reads meters and bills customers four times a year by district.
- District 1: properties north of Greenfield Avenue and between Greenfield Avenue and Lincoln Avenue from S 93rd Street to the western city limits.
- District 2: properties between Greenfield Avenue and Lincoln Avenue from the eastern city limits to S 92nd Street
- District 3: properties south of Lincoln Avenue
Water bills include four separate groups of charges: charges for water and related infrastructures, charges for sanitary sewer system maintenance and sewerage treatment, charges for storm sewer system maintenance and cleanup, and a solid waste fee.
|District||Billing Quarter Ends||Bills Mailed||Bills Due|
|1||October 31, 2022||November 30, 2022||December 20, 2022|
|2||November 30, 2022||December 30, 2022||January 20, 2023|
|3||December 31, 2022||January 27, 2023||February 21, 2023|
|1||January 31, 2023||February 29, 2023||March 21, 2023|
|2||February 28, 2023||March 28, 2023||April 21, 2023|
|3||March 31, 2023||April 28, 2023||May 23, 2023|
|1||April 30, 2023||May 31, 2023||June 23, 2023|
|2||May 31, 2023||June 23, 2023||July 21, 2023|
|3||June 30, 2023||July 21, 2023||August 22, 2023|
|1||July 31, 2023||August 29,2023||September 22, 2023|
|2||August 31, 2023||September 29, 2023||October 23, 2023|
|3||September 30, 2023||October 30, 2023||November 21, 2023|
|1||October 31, 2023||November 30, 2023||December 20, 2023|
|2||November 30, 2023||December 29, 2023||January 22, 2024|
Moving Out or Selling?
If you are moving out or selling your property, you may request a final billing statement for the utility account. The water utility can obtain final meter readings for utility bills, but there is a $50.00 fee for this service and we may need to access to the basement. The property owner, tenant, or agent may also provide the final meter readings if a final billing statement is required.
If the property has an "old meter", it has an active Read O Matic (ROM) device mounted on the outside wall of the property that is wired to the meter in the basement. Properties with ROM devices will require two readings for a final statement to be prepared or for the latest bill information to be provided to calculated a pro-rated amount. A list of the properties with "old meters" can be found in the document center or click link: Old Meter List (PDF). Properties with Radio Read devices or "new meters" may have a deactivated ROM device mounted on the home. The majority of West Allis properties have Radio Read devices installed on the meter. If the property is not listed on the Old Meter List (PDF), then it has a "new meter".
Properties with Radio Read devices should be pro-rated for closing. If a final billing statement is needed, then there is a $50.00 charge to send this by email, fax, mail or for pick-up. Contact the Water Utility Billing office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 414-302-8245 Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. for the billing information if a current bill is not available.
For instructions on obtaining meter readings, read How to Read a Meter (PDF)
Request a final billing statement online at Final Bill ***charges apply***
You can also pro-rate the latest utility bill for no charge.
NEW OWNERS (UPDATE UTILITY ACCOUNT)
New owners should fill out an account update form to get their name(s) and other contact information listed on the utility bill. Utility accounts transfer from one owner to the next in property sales. The accounts are not closed and the water is not turned off/on when ownership changes unless is specifically requested from the owner of the property. Go to Utility Account Update Online Form to submit ownership change information.
We do not disclose customer billing and account information to third parties without express consent from the owner or landlord. As outlined in Act 25, any information that identified a customer by usage or account status (i.e. past due status) is not a public record and can only be released with the customer’s permission or to the parties specifically identified within section 196.137(2)(a)-(d). This does still allow information to be provided to the owner of a rental property whose tenant has a delinquent account.
To authorize the West Allis Municipal Water Utility to release account information to a third party (such as a property management company), please complete the consent form.