Trash & Recycling
Weekly Trash Collection
Weekly trash collection is provided to one, two, and three-family residences in the City of West Allis. Trash must be accessible to crews at an alley or curb location by 7 a.m. on the assigned day of collection.
- View the 2022 Garbage and Recycling Calendar (PDF).
- View the 2022 Garbage and Recycling Map (PDF).
- Find your pick-up day by looking up your address in our Property Search tool.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED WITH TRASH COLLECTION
- Recyclables (dispose of in recycling cart)
- Brush and yard waste - see disposal information
- Grass clippings - see disposal information
- TVs/ computer monitors - see disposal information
- Computers and electronics, i.e.stereos, printers, monitors - see disposal information
- Household hazardous waste - see disposal information
- Infectious wastes such as hypodermic needles, lancets, blood or blood tainted products, pathologic wastes, animal carcasses - see sharps disposal information
- Propane tanks
- Large appliances/white goods - see disposal information
- Explosive or flammable products
- Industrial waste such as pallets, etc.
- Concrete, asphalt, dirt, etc. - call for special collection or permit
- Liquid cell batteries, i.e. car, boat, motorcycle - see drop off information
biweekly recycling collection
The City provides every other week recycling collection service for one to four-family residences. Recyclables should be placed at the curb or alley edge by 7 a.m. on the same day as your trash collection.
ACCEPTED RECYCLING ITEMS
Please do not bag or contain the following items - simply place them directly in your City of West Allis recycling cart for pick-up.
Aluminum & Steel (Clean, Empty and Rinsed)
- Aerosol Cans
- Clean Foil & Trays
- Cereal Boxes
- Food Boxes
- Shipping/Moving Boxes
- Paper Rolls
Glass (Clean, Empty and Rinsed)
- Glass Bottles, Jugs and Jars
- Junk Mail
- Paper Bags
- Office Paper
- Phone Books
Plastic (Clean, Empty and Rinsed)
- Plastics numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Plastic Bottles and Containers
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED IN RECYCLING CARTS
- Broken Glass
- Bubble Wrap
- Hazardous Waste*
- Light Bulbs
- Motor Oil
- Paint Cans* (Note: latex paint cans CAN be collected with your weekly trash pick-up. Dry out cans and leave the open can for pick-up with your garbage).
- Plastic Bags
- Syringes or Medical Waste
- Yard Waste***
* Drop off disposal may be available through MMSD’s Hazardous Waste Drop Off Program. Learn more.
** Drop off disposal may be available through City of West Allis e-cycling program. Learn more.
*** Separate collection rules apply; drop off disposal available at City sites. Learn more.
CitY DUMP & DROP-OFF SITES
Trash and recyclables may also be dropped off at the City dump and drop-off sites. View hours and locations here.
purchase garbage or recycling carts
For additional information about trash or recycling collection in West Allis, view the documents below: