Trash & Recycling
Weekly Trash Collection
Weekly trash collection is provided to one, two, and three-family residences in the City of West Allis. Trash must be accessible to crews at an alley or curb location by 7 a.m. on the assigned day of collection.
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED WITH TRASH COLLECTION
- Recyclables (dispose of in recycling cart)
- Brush and yard waste - see disposal information
- Grass clippings - see disposal information
- TVs/ computer monitors - see disposal information
- Computers and electronics, i.e.stereos, printers, monitors - see disposal information
- Household hazardous waste - see disposal information
- Infectious wastes such as hypodermic needles, lancets, blood or blood tainted products, pathologic wastes, animal carcasses. See sharps disposal information.
- Propane tanks
- Large appliances/white goods - see disposal information
- Explosive or flammable products
- Industrial waste such as pallets, etc.
- Concrete, asphalt, dirt, etc. - call for special collection or permit
- Liquid cell batteries, i.e. car, boat, motorcycle - see drop off information
biweekly recycling collection
The City provides every other week recycling collection service for one to four-family residences. Recyclables should be placed at the curb or alley edge by 7 a.m. on the same day as your trash collection.
Find your pick up week by looking up your address in our Property Search tool.ACCEPTED RECYCLING ITEMS
Please do not bag or contain the following items - simply place them directly in your City of West Allis recycling cart for pick-up.
Aluminum & Steel (Clean, Empty and Rinsed)
- Aerosol Cans
- Clean Foil & Trays
- Cereal Boxes
- Food Boxes
- Shipping/Moving Boxes
- Paper Rolls
- Egg Cartons
Glass (Clean, Empty and Rinsed)
- Glass Bottles, Jugs and Jars
- Junk Mail
- Paper Bags
- Office Paper
- Phone Books
Plastic (Clean, Empty and Rinsed)
- Plastics numbered 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Plastic Bottles and Containers
ITEMS NOT ACCEPTED IN RECYCLING CARTS
- Broken Glass
- Bubble Wrap
- Hazardous Waste*
- Light Bulbs
- Motor Oil
- Paint Cans* (note: latex paint cans CAN be collected with your weekly trash pick-up. Dry out cans and leave the open can for pick-up with your garbage).
- Plastic Bags
- Syringes or Medical Waste
- Yard Waste***
* Drop off disposal may be available through MMSD's Hazardous Waste Drop Off Program. Learn more.
** Drop off disposal may be available through City of West Allis e-cycling program. Learn more.
*** Separate collection rules apply; drop off disposal available at City sites. Learn more.
CitY DUMP & DROP-OFF SITES
Trash and recyclables may also be dropped off at the City dump and drop-off sites. View hours and locations here.
purchase garbage or recycling carts
For additional information about trash or recycling collection in West Allis, view the documents below: