- City Services
- Senior Center
- Programs & Activities
Programs and Activities
Something for Everyone!
The West Allis Senior Center offers many classes, events, and activities to keep adults over 55 active. View the Senior Center events calendar to see what's coming up next.
Check out our Exciting Monthly Activities November Calendar (PDF)) of exciting events.
Arts, Crafts, & Music
A variety of classes and activities are offered each week to inspire creativity and help adults over 55 strengthen their artistic skills or develop new ones, including:
- Card Making, Stamping, & Paper Crafts-Monday mornings
- Karaoke -Tuesday mornings
- Fiber Arts/Crafting-Tuesday afternoons
- Knitting and Crocheting-Wednesday afternoons
- Stained Glass Class-Wednesday afternoons
- Recycling Sisters-1st Thursday of the Month
Fitness, Games, & Recreation
The West Allis Senior Center also offers adults over 55 many health and wellness programs including an Arthritis Exercise Class three times a week.
The Senior Center's fitness program has treadmills, recumbent bicycles, Keiser pneumatic weight equipment, free weights, and Nu-Step machines. An orientation is required to ensure safe use of the fitness center.
We also offer fun, relaxing games and fitness classes to help seniors stay connected and active, including:
- Air Hockey
- Arthritis Exercise-Monday, Wednesday & Friday mornings
- Chair Yoga- Tuesday & Thursday (ZOOM) mornings
- Computer Games
- Rummikub and Other Table Games -Monday afternoons
- Pocket Billiards -Tuesday mornings
- Dominoes -Tuesday afternoons
- Movies -Tuesday afternoons
- Wii® bowling -Tuesday & Thursday afternoons
- Chess Club -Wednesday afternoons
- Sheepshead -Wednesday & Friday afternoons
- Qi-Gong -Thursday afternoons
- Stepping On Program
- Bingo- 2nd and 4th Friday of the Month
The West Allis Senior Center provides a state of the art computer lab staffed with helpful, patient volunteers who are glad to help members enhance their computer skills. Members can explore social media, digital photography and videography, email and online services, and Windows operating systems in our lab.
Senior Nutrition Programs
The West Allis Senior Center is a meal site for the Milwaukee County Senior Dining Program (PDF).
In addition, we offer free bread and baked goods for our members through the generous donations of Food for the Hungry, which provides these items to supplement seniors' nutritional needs.
The Senior Center is also supports the Hunger Task Force's Stockbox program.
Since COVID, the stockboxes are picked up in the Pick 'n Save parking lot, 6760 West National Avenue on the 2nd Tuesday of the month between 1:00 - 3:00.
Please bring identification to receive your stockbox.