Programs and Activities
There is something for everyone! The West Allis Senior Center offers many classes, events, and activities to keep adults over 55 active. View the Senior Center events calendar to see what's coming up next.
Check out our Exciting Monthly Activities February Calendar (PDF) of exciting events.
Arts, Crafts, & Music
A variety of classes and activities are offered each week to inspire creativity and help adults over 55 strengthen their artistic skills or develop new ones, including:
- Card Making, Stamping, & Paper Crafts-Monday mornings
- Fiber Arts/Crafting-Tuesday afternoons
- Rag Rugs-Wednesday Mornings
- Knitting and Crocheting-Wednesday afternoons
- Stained Glass Class-Wednesday afternoons
- Recycling Sisters-1st Thursday of the Month
- Jewelry with Janet-3rd Thursday of the Month
- Painting-Friday afternoons
- Harmonica-Friday afternoons
Fitness, Games, & Recreation
The West Allis Senior Center also offers adults over 55 many health and wellness programs.
The Senior Center's fitness center has treadmills, recumbent bicycles, Keiser pneumatic weight equipment, free weights, and Nu-Step machines. An orientation is required to ensure safe use of the fitness center. Fitness center membership can be purchased at any time for $15. Membership lasts for 12 calendar months and provides access to the fitness center whenever it is open.
We also offer other fun, relaxing games and fitness classes to help seniors stay connected and active for free, including:
- Air Hockey
- Arthritis Exercise-Monday, Wednesday & Friday mornings
- Beginning Chess - Tuesday mornings
- Beginning Sheepshead - Monday mornings
- Billiards-Wednesday mornings
- Chair Yoga - Tuesday & Thursday (ZOOM) mornings
- Computer Games
The West Allis Senior Center provides a state of the art computer lab staffed with helpful, patient volunteers who are glad to help members enhance their computer skills. Members can explore social media, digital photography and videography, email and online services, and Windows operating systems in our lab.
The West Allis Senior Center is now offering Computer training classes on the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month. A variety of 1 hour lectures are offered. The training was supplied by AARP. Come and learn something new.
Senior Nutrition Programs
The West Allis Senior Center is a meal site for the Milwaukee County Senior Dining Program (PDF).
In addition, we offer free bread and baked goods for our members through the generous donations of Food for the Hungry, which provides these items to supplement seniors' nutritional needs.