Why enroll in WIC?
Everyone wins with WIC. Moms eat healthier and have healthier babies. Infants born to WIC moms grow and develop better. WIC kids eat more nutritious foods and are better prepared for school. The WIC food benefits card and shopping app make WIC easier to use than ever. Families also get a special set of WIC benefits to use at our Farmers Market each summer for locally grown fruits and vegetables. For more information contact WIC at: 414-302-8642 or email@example.com
You are eligible for WIC if:
- You live in Wisconsin.
- You are pregnant, breastfeeding a baby under one year of age, or a new mother within the last six months.
- You have an infant or children under 5 years of age.
- You may automatically qualify if a member of your family receives Badger Care Plus, FoodShare, W2 benefits, or Day Care Assistance.
- You have a household income (before tax deductions) that is less than or equal to WIC income guidelines. Many working families qualify. A pregnant woman counts as two family members.
Dads, Guardians, or Foster Parents may apply for WIC for their children.
ADDITIONAL WIC RESOURCES
- If your family needs other resources in finding health care visit the Well Badger Resource Centeris open and ready to help you.
- COVID-19 Resource List for Families
2023 West Allis Farmers Market WIC Produce Delivery Program
The Wisconsin WIC Farmers Market Nutrition Program (FMNP) provides a one-time food benefit per growing season to WIC families. Each family receives checks that are redeemed at local farmers' markets July through October.
The West Allis Farmers Market will be offering a delivery service for this program with online ordering beginning on June 16, 2023 and the last delivery taking place October 26, 2023. This order form will be updated weekly based on what is available that week at the farmers market. Please note that early-season produce may be limited due to the effects of weather and temperature on the growing season. Ordering will be open beginning Friday at 8:00 a.m. through Tuesday at 12:00 p.m. each week. Once orders are closed for that week, we will process your order, confirm order items with the farm vendor, and deliver on Thursday between the hours of 3:00 - 6:00 p.m.