- City Services
- Clerk's Office
- Licenses and Permits Applications
- Salvage & Recycling Center
Salvage & Recycling Center
WHO NEEDS A LICENSE?
Anyone keeping, conducting or maintaining any building, structure, yard or place for keeping, storing or piling in commercial quantities, whether temporarily, irregularly or continually, or for the buying or selling at retail or wholesale or dealing in any old, used or second hand materials of any kind, including cloth, rags, clothing, paper, rubbish, bottles, rubber, iron, brass, copper or other metal, furniture, motor vehicles or other articles, which from its worn condition renders it practically useless for the purpose for which it was made and which is commonly classed as junk or recyclable material, whether within a fixed place of business or as an itinerant peddler.
Completion of the City application form and payment of fees.
|Background Check:||$16 for every WI resident listed as a part of the Partnership/Corporation/LLC |
|**Cash or Check Only**|
- Background Investigation - The West Allis Police Department will complete a background check.
- Issuance - If there are no items on the background check and all other requirements are met, the license is placed on a separate License & Health Committee agenda or on the Common Council agenda with the License & Health Committee discussion during the recess meeting.
- If there are items on the background check, you may receive a notice via email to appear before the License and Health Committee. If the License and Health Committee recommends granting the license, it is forwarded to the Common Council for final approval. Council Meeting schedule is located here.
- If the council grants your license it will be e-mailed to you the day after the meeting. If it is denied you will receive notice via email.