- City Services
- Health Department
Immunizations are very important to prevent certain communicable diseases and are required for day care and school. The West Allis Health Department offers immunizations to residents following the ACIP Immunization Schedule for children. Access your own or your child's immunization record.
Immunization Clinic Hours
Immunizations are available by appointment on the following days:
- Tuesday: 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
The services offered during this time are immunizations, blood pressure checks, TB skin tests, and COVID vaccinations. To schedule an immunization appointment, please call 414-302-8600. Children under 18 years old need a parent or guardian signature for consent. If possible, please be sure to bring any vaccine records with you to your appointment.
Types of Immunizations
- DTaP (Diptheria, Tetanus, Pertussis)
- Hib (Haemophilus Influenzae type b)
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis A
- MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella)
- TDaP (Tetanus, Diptheria, Pertussis)
- HPV (Human Papilloma Virus)
The West Allis Health Department is a Vaccines for Children (VFC) provider. Children and adolescents are eligible to receive free vaccines if it is before their 19th birthday and they meet one or more of the following:
- Medicaid-eligible or enrolled
- American Indian or Alaska Native
- Underinsured (vaccines are not covered)*
*Fully insured health plans may include a copay and/or high deductible, and therefore would not be considered underinsured. If your child does not meet the above criteria, please contact your child's healthcare provider or health insurance to find out more about his/her vaccine coverage.
The Health Department also provides some adult vaccines. Please call 414-302-8600 for fees and vaccine availability or to find out if you may be eligible for a certain vaccine. Learn more about what vaccines adults should have.
Access your immunization record
Did you know you can access your Wisconsin immunization record online? Follow these steps if you are in need of a copy for your records.
- Go to the Wisconsin Immunization Registry (WIR) website
- Input the required information and click search
- First & Last name
- Social Security Number (SSN)
- If there is no SSN associated with your account, call the WIR help desk at 608-266-9691 or the Health Department at 414-302-8600. If there is a SSN associated with the account but you are still unable to access your account, please call the WIR help desk.