Direct Seller / Solicitor / Hawker Permit
60 day licensing period
WHO NEEDS A LICENSE?
Anyone who sells goods or services or takes sales orders for later delivery at locations other than a permanent business or the seller’s permanent residence. Sale of goods also includes donations or contributions. A Direct Seller/Solicitor/Hawker permit is issued by the City of West Allis is only valid for use within the City of West Allis.
- There are certain exemptions which are listed in Section 9.18(7), include but are not limited to, the Farmer’s Market, wholesalers, agricultural crops grown, delivering good to regular customers on established routes, buyer requests a home visit, court ordered sales and charitable organizations.
Completion of the City application and payment of fees.
Statement of any crimes or arrests, convictions, proof of weights and measures, proof of retail food permit by West Allis Heath Department (only if handling food).
Retail sales tax permit if tangible personal property is sold.
|**Cash or Check Only**|
- Background Investigation - The West Allis Police Department will complete a background check.
- Issuance - If there are no items on the background check and all other requirements are met, the license is issued.
- If there are items on the background check, you may receive a notice via email to appear before the License and Health Committee. If the License and Health Committee recommends granting the license, it is forwarded to the Common Council for final approval. Council Meeting schedule is located here.
- If the council grants your license it will be e-mailed to you the day after the meeting. If it is denied you will receive notice via email.