The Commercial Façade Improvement Program is designed to support exterior building improvements to commercial buildings within business districts throughout the City. The concept is to promote investment in designated areas throughout the City of West Allis by providing a financial incentive for businesses and property owners to arrest the conditions of blight and invest in their property. The improvements should produce a visible change to the building facades. The program is funded with federal Community Development Block Grant Funds.
- Enhance the attractiveness of the districts
- Maintain or improve existing property values in the target area and adjacent areas
- Promote commercial vitality and increase economic activity
- Promote a high level of maintenance for a sustainable commercial area
- Remove conditions of blight
Complete an online application.