Request a Ribbon Cutting with the Mayor
The City of West Allis looks forward to celebrating and supporting your business!
While the City of West Allis works hard to accommodate the scheduling preferences of businesses, we must also consider the availability of staff and City officials to ensure a successful event. For this reason, we only guarantee City participation in ribbon cutting ceremonies with minimum 2-week notice and our expressed prior confirmation of the date. Ideally, it is best to work with the City before selecting your date.
The ceremony itself runs anywhere from 15-20 minutes. After the ribbon is cut and pictures are taken, welcoming remarks are given by the Mayor or his designee followed by an opportunity for a representative of the business to speak. The City does not require RSVP’s to attend ribbon cuttings. Attendance at ribbon cutting ceremonies varies depending on the time and date selected and how much promotion is done on behalf of the business.
Ribbon Cutting ceremonies are typically held for the following occasions:
- Welcoming a New Business to the City of West Allis (can be held up to 6 months after opening)
- Celebrating a major renovation or remodel
- Breaking ground on a new development
- Business anniversary or re-opening
To make your ceremony a success, the City will:
- Arrange for Mayor Devine and City Officials to appear
- Provide scissors and ribbon for the ceremony
- Take pictures and video which will be posted on the City’s social media
- Send a press release to media (no guarantee of coverage)
To make your ceremony a success, you might consider:
- Inviting friends, family, customers, etc.
- Designating a representative in advance to give remarks at the ribbon cutting
- Providing tours at the event
- Placing businesses cards and/or brochures around common areas
- Serving light snacks and/or beverages (optional)
SCHEDULE YOUR RIBBON CUTTING
To schedule a ribbon cutting contact Tourism & Event Coordinator Caitlyn White at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 414-302-8357