Mobile Food Vendor And FOOD PEDDLER
OPERATING A FOOD TRUCK IN THE CITY OF WEST ALLIS
Anyone who wishes to operate a food truck ( a pushed, pedaled, pulled, motorized, or movable vehicle or cart, or from a carried container) in the City of West Allis must have the following:
- A Mobile Food License issued by the City of West Allis Health Department or a food license from other jurisdictions/municipalities in the state of Wisconsin
- A Service Base license or Restaurant license that is the service base; or variance for no service base from DATCP
- A Food Peddler License issued by the City of West Allis City Clerk
- Certified Food Manager Certificate
Failure to obtain and display the above will result in a citation and the inability to operate in the City of West Allis.
MOBILE FOOD ESTABLISHMENTS
You will need to submit the following documents with your application:
You will need to submit the following with your application:
- A description of the food offered, including a copy of the menu.
- Proof of a state certificate of examination and approval from the Sealer of Weights and Measures where the applicant's business requires use of weighing devices approved by state authorities.
- Proof of a food-related permit issued by the West Allis Health Department.