Annual Reports & Discharge Permits
sanitary Collection system
Compliance Maintenance Annual Report
The City of West Allis submits a Compliance Maintenance Annual Report to the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources every year. This self-review helps identify problems or deficiencies in the management, operation, and maintenance activities of the sanitary sewer system.
The document contains a variety of collection system information including:
- Goals and what is being done to obtain them
- Annual operating budgets
- Maintenance activities completed over the past year
- A review of basement backups
Up-to-date information can be found by viewing the Compliance Maintenance Annual Report (PDF).
Capacity, Management, Operations, and Maintenance Program
A Capacity, Management, Operations, and Maintenance Program is an annually updated set of documents that helps assure that the sanitary sewers are properly managed, operated, and maintained at all times and that they're able to meet the demands of the public.
Specifically, the documents describe:
- The municipal sanitary sewage collection system
- How information about the collection system is obtained
- Overall structures of both the Department of Public Works and the Engineering Department
- What steps are being taken to reduce the occurrence of backups
- The procedures undertaken by City forces in the event of an overflow
View the most recent version of the Capacity, Management, Operations, and Maintenance Program Summary (PDF).
View the Communication & Audit Plan (PDF).
View the Management Plan (PDF).
View the Overflow Response Plan (PDF).
Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System
Stormwater within the City of West Allis drains to 3 different watersheds! While the majority of the City drains to the Menomonee River, a large portion feeds the Root River with the remainder draining to the Kinnikinic River.
More information can be found by either viewing the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System Permit Application (PDF) or the Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System Permit (PDF).