The West Allis Health Department is working to ensure a unified and coordinated effort to administer COVID-19 vaccine to all people in West Allis and West Milwaukee. If you have general COVID-19 vaccine questions that are not answered here please visit the CDC Website or call the Health Department 414-302-8600.
COVID-19 VACCINES: SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
The West Allis Health Department is offering the bivalent Pfizer vaccine to individuals 6 months and older. Call to schedule an appointment at 414-302-8600. Si desea programar una cita y necesita asistencia en español, por favor llame al 414-302-8620 o envié un correo electrónico (email@example.com)
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR CHILDREN AGED 6 MONTHS—5 YEARS
- Children 6 months through 5 years of age who are unvaccinated may receive a three-dose series of the Pfizer bivalent vaccine (6 months through 4 years of age). Children who are 5 years of age may receive a single dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech bivalent vaccine.
- Children 6 months through 5 years of age who have received one, two or three doses of a monovalent COVID-19 vaccine may receive a bivalent updated vaccine, but the number of doses that they receive will depend on the vaccine and their vaccination history.
RECOMMENDATION FOR EVERYONE AGED 6 YEARS AND OLDER
- Get 1 updated COVID-19 vaccine: Everyone 6 years and older should get 1 updated Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, regardless of whether they’ve received any original COVID-19 vaccines.
RECOMMENDATIONS FOR PEOPLE WHO MAY GET ADDITIONAL UPDATED COVID-19 VACCINES
- People aged 65 years and older may get 1 additional dose of COVID-19 vaccine 4 or more months after the 1st updated COVID-19 vaccine.
- People who are moderately or severely immunocompromised may get 1 additional dose of updated COVID-19 vaccine 2 or more months after the 1st updated COVID-19 vaccine. Talk to your healthcare provider about additional updated doses.
Additional vaccine information
To learn more about the vaccine, click here. For other vaccination locations visit vaccines.gov.
COVID-19 LOCAL TESTING
The West Allis Health Department has at home tests available free of charge. To find a testing location near you click here.
COVID-19 Myth Busters
If you have questions or immediate needs related to COVID-19, you can:
- Text COVID19 to 211-211,
- Visit 211Wisconsin.org, or
- Call 211
The COVID-19 pandemic, and the resulting changes to our lifestyles, can make anyone anxious or even depressed. Do not hesitate to ask for help if you’re feeling overwhelmed. Call 800-985-5990 to speak to a trained crisis counselor or text TalkWithUS to 66747.