The mission of the West Allis Fire Department is to safeguard the lives and property of the people we serve, to reduce community risk and incidents of emergencies, and to enhance public safety while working with community partners to improve quality of life. Our promise to our citizens is to do so with honor and compassion, while at all times conducting ourselves with the highest ethical standards.
The vision of the West Allis Fire Department is to create the safest community in the nation through the strategic use of preventative measures, community outreach, and emergency mitigation.
To achieve this mission, the Department works with the City to insure that there is proper and sufficient equipment and personnel available to respond to emergencies and to perform life-saving activities in an urgent manner.
The Fire Department provides:
- CPAT (Candidate Physical Agility Test)
- Emergency Medical Services
- Fire Operations
- Fire Prevention and Inspection services
- Public education and outreach programs
- Specialized Rescue Operations
The West Allis Fire Department is governed by the Police and Fire Commission, which is appointed by the Mayor and confirmed by the Common Council.
- Is outdoor burning allowed in the City of West Allis?
- Are fireworks allowed in the City of West Allis?
- As a business owner, who can I contact after hours for non-emergent issues?
- What requirements are necessary to apply for the position of Firefighter?
- Does the Fire Department install child safety seats?