Treasurer's Office

2022 TAX INFORMATION

2022 tax bills will be available no later than 3rd Monday of December.

PLEASE NOTE: You will wait longer than normal if you choose to pay in person at City Hall. Due to COVID-19 and social distancing requirements, if you choose to pay in person at City Hall (see below for hours) instead of taking advantage of one of the other payment options, your wait will be significantly longer than normal. Limited people are allowed in the building at one time and you may be asked to wait in your car until it is your turn. You are strongly encouraged to choose one of the other payment options to avoid the long wait times. 

Payment Options

1. TRI CITY BANK

Get your cash refund immediately when you pay at Tri City National Bank through January 31. Hours are subject to change. Please check the locations page on the Tri City website for update-to-date information.

2. CITY HALL 24 HOUR DROPBOX

7525 W. Greenfield Ave.

Located east of the main entrance facing the City Hall parking lot. Items deposited after 8 a.m. will be receipted on the following day. However, if payment is made on the due date, it will be considered timely.

3. e-CHECK

No fee withdrawal from checking or savings can be made online.

Allow two business days for the City to receive and credit e-check payments.

4. CREDIT CARD

By phone: 855-288-0677 or done online.

Allow three business days for the City to receive credit card funds. A 2.5% third-party convenience fee applies. 

5. MAIL

Send to:
City of West Allis
P.O. Box 14248
West Allis, WI 53214

Payments must be mailed in a properly addressed envelope, postmarked before midnight on the Installment Due Date, and received by the City, to be considered on time. All mail is receipted with the date it is received, and interest and penalty incurred on delinquent amounts are calculated based on the date received.

6. IN-PERSON

City Hall Customer Service Center, 7525 W. Greenfield Ave. Monday - Friday 11:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.

Closed December 23 - 26, 31, and January 2 and 16.

NEED A RECEIPT?

Submit a self-addressed stamped envelope or your email address with your payment and a receipt will be sent to you.

View the 2022 Property Tax Information Brochure (PDF)

Tax Dollars Spent

Alt text: How Are My Tax Dollars Spent?
The City of West Allis receives 43% of your total tax bill which is used to finance City services such as public safety, street maintenance, snow plowing, and parks. The remaining 57% is remitted to other agencies including: Milwaukee County, West Allis-West Milwaukee School District, Milwaukee Area Technical College, and Milwaukee Metropolitan Sewerage District.

2022 TAX PRE-PAYMENT INFORMATION 

Under state law (section 7413, Wisconsin Statutes), general property taxes, special assessments, special charges and special taxes may be paid in advance of the levy during the period from August 1 until the third Monday in December each year. This means:

  • Pre-payment of 2022 taxes may be made from August 1, 2022 to December 20, 2022.

The City of West Allis Treasurer's Office:

  • Collects property taxes, business personal property taxes and special assessments
  • Manages the City's cash and investments
  • Processes rent payments, benefit payments and various other payments
  • Processes water and sewer payments
  • Sells parking permits

Online Billing & Payment