Entering a Plea
Defendants may choose to pay the fine amount on their citation before their scheduled court date. The payment legally establishes a guilty plea to the charge. The conviction will be reported to the Department of Transportation and DOT will assess the points accordingly.
The court date is located at the top of the citation (ticket). You may enter a plea ONLY in the following ways:
1. May mail to the West Allis Municipal Court 11301 W. Lincoln Avenue West Allis, WI 53227.
2. By email to email@example.com.
3. You may contact the court before your court date by calling 414-302-8181 and leave a message with the spelling of your name, current address, phone number and your plea of guilty or not guilty. Do not call more than one time. The Court records all calls and will send you a notice via US mail within 10 days of entering your plea.
Please be certain that your plea arrives on or prior to the court date stated on the citation.
You may plead guilty or not guilty. If you plead guilty you will be found guilty. If you plead not guilty you will have a telephonic pretrial with the city attorney. Any matters not resolved during your pretrial, subject to the approval of the judge, will be scheduled for a trial at a later date.
If you fail to make a plea or make payment on or before the date stated on the citation, a default judgment will be entered against you in the amount stated on the citation. You will be given 60 days to pay the citation. If you are unable to pay for any reason you may bring that to the attention of the court in writing or by email.
Filing a Plea
Read the information above regarding court. If the officer failed to give a plea sheet, download a plea sheet here (PDF).
- If you plead guilty and need time to pay the amount stated on the citation, check the appropriate box on the "plea form." Fill in all information and send it to the municipal court clerk at the address above.
- If you plead not guilty, check the appropriate box below filling out the information that is requested. Mail your plea to the West Allis Municipal Court before the court date. Once the plea is received, a postcard or letter will be sent with a pre-trial court date so that you may speak to the Assistant City Attorney.
If you have not received a notice from the court regarding the amount you owe or your pre-trial date by your court date on your citation, please wait and contact the court after one week for information.