Candidates - Getting on the Ballot
If you are interested in running for elective office, the first date to circulate papers is December 1 in the year prior to the expiration of the term. The last date to file the nomination papers with the Clerk’s Office is 5:00 p.m. on the first Tuesday in January. You must file the nomination papers in person; they cannot be mailed. Nomination papers are available in the Clerk’s Office and below.
Listed below are links to the related forms for Mayor, Municipal Judge, and Alderpersons.
- Form 1 - Letter to Candidate (PDF)
- Form 2 - Receipt of Election Forms (PDF)
- Form 3 - Nomination Papers EL-169
- Form 4 - Declaration of Candidacy EL-162
- Form 5 - Declaration of Non-Candidacy - For Incumbents Only
- Form 6 - Campaign Finance Registration Statement CF-1
- Form 7 - Campaign Financing Information (PDF)
- Form 8 - Placement of Signs (PDF)
- Form 9 - Disclaimers (PDF)
- Form 10 - Formats for Disclaimers (PDF)
- Form 11 - Ballot Access Checklist ELIS-7
- Form 12 - City Economic Interest (PDF)
Local Candidates should visit the Local Campaign Finance page on the Wisconsin Elections Commission website.
Voter Registration and Election Participation Data
BADGER Voters is a website offered by the Wisconsin Elections Commission designed to allow users to request, receive a quote, purchase, and download Wisconsin voter registration and election participation data from the Statewide Voter Registration System. Users can complete this entire process online and independently 24 hours per day, seven days per week.