Absentee Voting Information
Absentee Requests by Mail
Are you unable to vote at your polling place on Election Day? Request an absentee ballot by mail.
If you are a regular voter who would like to vote in the November 6, General Election, make sure to submit your request for an absentee ballot in the Clerk's Office, 7525 W. Greenfield Avenue, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on or before Thursday, November 1, 2018 at 5 p.m.
Absentee Voting in the Clerk's Office
Absentee voting at the West Allis City Hall, located at 7525 W. Greenfield Avenue, commencing Monday, October 15, 2018 and ends on Friday, November 2, 2018.
Complete an Application for Absentee Ballot in person at the West Allis City Clerk's Office up until November 2, 2018.
Hours and Locations of Absentee Voting:
- October 15 to October 19: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., at the Clerk's Office
- October 22 to October 24: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., in the Common Council Chambers
- October 25: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., in the Common Council Chambers
- October 26, October 29: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., in the Common Council Chambers
- October 30: 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., in the Common Council Chambers
- October 31 to November 2: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., in the Common Council Chambers
If you apply for an absentee ballot in your municipal Clerk's Office, you must vote immediately, seal your ballot in the proper envelope, and return it to a member of the Clerk's staff. No ballots may be taken from the Clerk's Office. Acceptable photo ID is required.
Deadline for Returning Absentee Ballots
The completed ballot must be received by the City Clerk no later than Tuesday, November 6 so that it can be delivered to the polling location by 8:00 p.m.
Photo ID Law
For complete details on voting in Wisconsin and the Voter Photo ID Law, please refer to the following resources: