West Allis Dog Park Project
- The City of West Allis began formally planning the creation of a dog park in October 2017.
- In January 2018, a Community Workshop brought together supporters of the dog park to establish two volunteer groups: a workgroup and a fundraising group.
- The estimated cost of the dog park is $100,000 but will depend upon park amenities, quantity of fencing, and related site work to prepare the site and provide access.
- Several locations have been considered, however, the location being pursued is located behind the West Allis Police Department at 11301 W. Lincoln Ave. This site is situated upon City-owned land and would be up to 5 acres in area.
- The proposed dog park will include a small dog area and large dog area to ensure safe play for dogs.
- Other details of the dog park, such as a possible fee structure, long-term financing, grant opportunities, and other considerations, are still in discussion.
- As of January 2019, the fundraising group has raised over $20,000 to support the dog park.
- View the current site plan here.
- To stay up to date on dog park news and developments by receiving email or text alerts, subscribe to our Notify Me list.
- Connect with the Dog Park Project community group on Facebook.
Community Charity Gala: Take Me out to the dog park
The West Allis Community Improvement Foundation's 2019 Community Charity Gala will be held on Saturday, April 27 at the Zoofari Conference Center, 9715 W. Bluemound Rd. This year's gala beneficiary is the West Allis dog park, and all proceeds from this event will be donated to support the creation of the park. Learn more and purchase tickets to the gala on the Foundation's website.