West Allis Dog Park Project
The City of West Allis began formally planning the creation of a dog park in October 2017. In January 2018, a Community Workshop brought together supporters of the dog park to establish two volunteer groups: a workgroup and a fundraising group. Together these groups raised the funds needed to create West Allis' first dog park. The park is located at 11200 W. Hayes Ave., with entry of off the northeast of Hayes (Cleveland Ave. access will be available soon).
View the Dog Park Ribbon Cutting Photos here.
DOG PARK FEES
The park is free to use through the remainder of 2019.
Beginning in 2020, the dog park passes are $5 per day or $25 per calendar year for residents and $5 per day or $35 per calendar year for non-residents. Prices are per dog. Annual passes are now available at City Hall.
You must bring proof that your dog is neutered or spayed before you can purchase a dog park pass. Proof of current rabies vaccination is also required. These requirements are also necessary to purchase a City dog license.
dog park rules
- No more than three dogs are allowed per owner/guardian, per visit within the Dog Exercise Area (DEA).
- Owner/guardian must be present within the fenced enclosure of the DEA and is responsible and liable for behavior of their dog(s) at all times.
- The City of West Allis is not liable for the actions of any dog within or outside the boundaries of the DEA.
- Owner/guardian is responsible for cleaning up and properly disposing of dog excrement.
- All dogs must display a dog license and DEA tag (available in 2020) while in the DEA and be current with vaccinations. All dogs are required to be up to date with the rabies vaccination.
- Owner/guardian must have in their possession a leash for their dog(s) and remain within view and voice control of their dog(s) at all times. Your dog(s) must be leashed until you enter the double-gated entry. Please make sure to close all gates behind you.
- For the safety of your dog(s) and those of others, choke, pinch, spike, or training types of collars are not allowed in the DEA. Remove such collars upon entering the DEA.
- Aggressive dogs and/or dogs with known aggressive behavior are prohibited from the DEA; female dogs in heat are also prohibited.
- We recommend all dogs be current with distemper and parvovirus vaccinations.
- We recommend that puppies under six months old not use the DEA, as they have not yet received their full vaccinations to protect them from distemper and parvovirus, as well as other diseases.
- Each dog must be free of communicable illness and parasites (worms, fleas & tics). If your dog is ill, please return when your veterinarian says there is no risk to other dogs.
- Children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian and closely supervised.
- Please evaluate your own dog prior to bringing them to the DEA – ensure that they are well socialized so that they can be off-leash in this area.
- If your dog digs, please stop them and fill any holes they made.
- Dogs are the ONLY animals allowed in the DEA.
- DO NOT bring any food or glass containers into the DEA.
- To stay up to date on dog park news and developments by receiving email or text alerts, subscribe to our Notify Me list.
- Connect with the Dog Park Project community group on Facebook.