West Allis Dog Park
The City of West Allis began formally planning the creation of a dog park in October 2017. In January 2018, a Community Workshop brought together supporters of the dog park to establish two volunteer groups: a workgroup and a fundraising group. Together these groups raised the funds needed to create West Allis’ first dog park, which opened in 2019.
The park is located at 11200 W. Hayes Ave., with the entry off the northeast of Hayes Avenue or off of Cleveland Avenue. View map of dog park and parking/driving directions (PDF).
DOG PARK FEES
Dog park passes are purchased per dog and cost:
- Residents - $5 per day or $25 per calendar year for residents
- Non-Residents - $5 per day or $50 for non-residents
Purchasing A Pass
In order to purchase a dog park pass, you must:
- Provide proof that your dog is neutered or spayed before purchase
- Provide proof of current rabies vaccination
Residents can purchase park passes online for each dog separately or when they purchase a dog license online. Dog park passes can be purchased at City Hall in the Customer Service Center between 11:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, or at the West Allis Police Department between 9 a.m. - 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
dog park rules
- Only dogs are the only animals allowed in the Dog Exercise Area
- No more than three dogs are allowed per adult owner/guardian per visit. Children must be accompanied by a parent/guardian and closely supervised. Owner/guardian must be present within the fenced enclosure of the Dog Exercise Area and is responsible and liable for the behavior of their dog(s) at all times
- The City of West Allis is not liable for the actions of any dog within or outside the boundaries of the Dog Exercise Area
- Dogs must be neutered or spayed
- Dogs must display a dog license and Dog Exercise Area tag while in the exercise area
- Dogs must be current with vaccinations including rabies. We recommend dogs be current with distemper and parvovirus vaccination as well. Puppies under six months old should not use the Dog Exercise Area, as they have not yet received their full vaccinations to protect them from distemper and parvovirus, as well as other diseases.
- Dogs must be free of communicable illnesses and parasites (worms, fleas & tics). If your dog is ill, please return when your veterinarian says there is no risk to other dogs.
- Aggressive dogs and/or dogs with known aggressive behavior are prohibited. Evaluate your own dog prior to bringing them to the exercise area to ensure they are well socialized
- Owner/guardian is responsible for cleaning up and properly disposing of dog excrement
- Owner/guardian must have in their possession a leash for their dog(s) and remain within view and voice control of their dog(s) at all times. Your dog(s) must be leashed until you enter the double-gated entry. Please make sure to close all gates behind you. For the safety of the dog(s) and others, choke, pinch, spike, or training types of collars are not allowed
- If your dog digs, please stop them and fill any holes they made.
- Food and glass containers are not allowed
- To stay up to date on dog park news and developments by receiving email or text alerts, subscribe to our Notify Me list.
- View the presentation shared at the October 26 2017 Community Conversation (PDF).
- View the presentation shared at the January 23 2018 Community Workshop (PDF).
- View notes from the January 23 2018 Community Workshop (PDF)